Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Exciting adventures

So far this week has been filled with good news. My Dad is coming to visit me in April and we're going to backpack in China and hopefully Tibet! I also booked tickets for next weekend to Boracay (supposedly the best beach in the world) and Manila, where I am going to climb an active volcano. It is possible to outrun lava, right? Just kidding, Mom and Dad, I hope! :)
I'm meeting two friends from my USC there who I haven't seen in a while so it should be a good weekend. Then I fly back to Singapore for two days, and then we get a recess week from school! Since I only have class on Mon/Tue I have about 13 days to travel, so I'm heading to Cambodia and Vietnam. Best of all, Kyle is meeting me in Cambodia and we are spending 3 days in Siem Reap, where Angkor Wat is, then 3 days Phnom Phen. Its been a while since we traveled together, so it will be a good change of pace! I'm doing Vietnam with one of my girlfriends that I met in Indonesia, she is from the Netherlands and is really cool, so it should be another good 6 days.
Tonight is a start to the Chinese New Year, so I'm doing what every good expat does, going to  and Indian buffet, then heading down to Chinatown to watch fireworks, which I'm pretty sure are illegal here, so that should be interesting.

No comments:

Post a Comment